Yahoo will host digital concert events and exhibitions that includes celebs and influencers for Hong Kong citizens on the Decentraland metaverse, the corporation announced on Wednesday.
See connected tale: Hong Kong’s subway operator plans digital station in metaverse
- Yahoo is also launching a non-fungible token (NFT) exhibition identified as The Abyss of Kwun Tong to recreate old Kwun Tong, a historic community that has been altered by decades of redevelopment, the South China Morning Post claimed.
- The ability to recreate genuine-daily life areas and experiences in the metaverse could be an eye-catching marketing level to Hong Kongers, as a damaging Covid take a look at mandate to enter public venues such as bars and golf equipment kicked in on Thursday.
- On Tuesday, Fb operator Meta introduced its options to collaborate with community cafe chains, faculties and artwork establishments to trial metaverse activities and technologies in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kongers have been familiarized with NFT and blockchain know-how by way of art exhibitions and group gatherings.
- Decentraland’s cryptocurrency MANA is up 10% more than the past 24 hours, according to info from CoinGecko.
See associated tale: Hong Kong’s Ocean Park brings digital points of interest to The Sandbox metaverse